Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ipsy July 2014 Unbagging & Review

Hi guys, welcome to my very first blog post!  I decided to start off doing a July glam bag unbagging and review since it's not only my first post, but also my first glam bag!  I spent some time browsing blogs reading Ipsy vs. Birchbox reviews and finally decided to try out Ipsy... hopefully this review will help any of you who are on the fence about joining.  I got my very first glam bag in the mail last week and am super excited about it.   Here's a quick unbagging and review on the things I got.

Being my first glam bag, I had NO idea what to expect.  Not going to lie, I was probably way too excited about this bag simply because of the fact that I opened my mailbox and saw a bright pink package inside.
Ipsy July Glam Bag 2014
You have to agree... this packaging is pretty awesome.
After opening the package, I pulled out the glam bag itself and a little Ipsy card to go along with the bag.  The card basically advertised this month's glam bag theme - Sunsationally Sunkissed.
Sunsationally Sunkissed
Ipsy Glam Bag July 2014, Sunsationally Sunkissed
To start off, let's just have a moment of appreciation for how amazing the bag itself is.  I love the bright pink color and the scallopped edges.  The material itself is some sort of lined faux-leather, which I also have no problem with.  It's also a good size for keeping a few things together inside my everyday bag.  Here's a close up of the bag itself.
Ipsy Bag
So bright!
So let's FINALLY see what's actually inside the bag.  I definitely spent way too much time being excited about the packaging and bag itself... I need to calm it down!  So anyways, my glam bag came with five items, one of which actually was outside of the bag because it was too large to fit.  I'll start with that one-

Item 1: Healthy Sexy Hair, Soy Renewal Beach Spray

Healthy Sexy Hair Beach Spray
Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray
The very first item I got was this 1.7 fl oz bottle of Healthy Sexy Hair's Soy Renewal Beach Spray.  This spray itself is probably worth the $10 spent on the monthly glam bag, if not more!  I was pretty excited about this item because I LOVE their shampoos and conditioners.  I tried out the beach spray on my hair and it was a lot like I expected.  It gave a beachy texture to my hair (felt a little dry/straw-like, but I expected that of a beach spray), it smelled good, and it gave my hair a ton of volume.

Item 2: Hang Ten SPF 08 Dark Tanning Oil

Hang Ten SPF 08 Dark Tanning Oil
Hang Ten SPF 08 Dark Tanning Oil
The second item I got is this Hang Ten SPF 08 Dark Tanning Oil.  As you can see in the picture, I haven't even opened it yet.  I've been spending a ton of time outside so I haven't really felt a need/want to use this product.  I've heard good things about it from other people but for now, I probably won't get good use out of it.  *Potential Giveaway!* I'm considering giving this product away so if any of you are interested, leave a comment and let me know! :)

Item 3: Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm

Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm
Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm
Pixi Lip Balm Test
Pixi Lip Balm Test
The third item I got is this Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in the color Pretty Pink.  Simply from looking at this product, I knew I really liked the color.  I did a quick test run on my hand and found that the balm is extremely smooth and the color is pretty pigmented.  I did try it out a bit later and I can say that I will definitely get some use out of this.  The color is really nice and the balm is moisturizing and doesn't dry out my lips.  It also smells good, which is always a plus!

Item 4: POP Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer

POP Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer
POP Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer
POP Beauty Bronzer Test
Bronzer Test
The fourth item in my glam bag was this POP Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer in the color Secret Sunshine.  I haven't ever tried a POP Beauty product so I was excited for this.  The bronzer came in a cute and compact packaging- it fit easily in my makeup bag.  Similarly, the color itself is perfect on my skin tone.  I'm pretty dark in the summer and I found that the color of the bronzer was dark enough to go on my skin.  It also has a bit of nice shimmer to the color, as you can see from the picture above.

Item 5: Bare Minerals 5 in 1 BB Performance Cream Shadow

Bare Minerals 5 in 1 BB Performance Cream Eyeshadow
Bare Minerals 5 in 1 BB Performance Cream Eyeshadow
Bare Minerals Cream Shadow Size Comparison
Look at how cute and tiny this bottle is!
Bare Minerals Cream Shadow Test
Bare Minerals Cream Shadow Test
The fifth and final item in my glam bag was this Bare Minerals 5 in 1 Cream Shadow.  It's very miniature, as you can see in the picture where I'm actually holding the product in my hand.  Despite being so small, it became obvious that a tiny bit of product goes a long way.  When I tested it on my hand, a simple dab left a ton of product.  The color itself is a nice neutral taupe and it was easily blended with my finger.  I actually tried out this product as a base without a primer and it stayed really well throughout the day.

Eye Close-up
Neutral Make Up with Bare Minerals Cream Shadow
Quick neutral make up with the Bare Minerals Cream Shadow
Above is a quick eye look using the Bare Minerals Cream Shadow.  I basically dabbed a bit of the cream shadow on the outer corners and blended inwards.  I then placed a sheer neutral color in the inner half of my eyelid (from Naked Basics Palette), lined my eyes with the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liner, and added L'Oreal Lash Architect 4D to my lashes.  I then quickly added a pair of falsies on top of that to finish it off.

I figured I might as well create a quick everyday look to test out the POP Beauty bronzer and Pixi balm as well so I added that soon after.  Everything actually came together pretty easily, given that I put minimal thought into ir.
Everyday Makeup Look
Everyday Make Up Look
And with that... this is the end of my very first post!  I hope you all found it helpful in some way!  I definitely decided that Ipsy is worth the $10 a month.  I'm sure I'll get tons of use out of most (if not all) of the things in my July glam bag.

Have I convinced you to join Ipsy yet?  If so, click here to join!

2 comments :

  1. I actually haven't tried wearing the bareMinerals yet. I'm a cream eyeshadow noob. Thanks for showing that it can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You got lovely goodies. I wished I had got that Pixi balm too. My ipsy glam bag was just okay this month.
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete